Newsletter signupFor Email Newsletters you can trust
News and Events- See our recently updated (Mar, 2013) NAS Buying Guide with our latest performance ChampionsCharts for NFS and CIFS/SMB.
- See our recently posted HP updates 3PAR storage line release summary and SCI's latest ESRP v3 performance results analysis.
- Hear Bruce, Greg & Ray discuss Fall SNW in San Jose.
- February 18-21, Microsoft MVP Conference, Redmond, WA
Top Posts & Pages
Tag CloudApple Archive storage Backup Big data Chart of the month CIFS Cloud computing Cloud Storage Cloud storage gateways Data Domain Data encryption Data security Deduplication Dell EMC EMCWorld ESRP ESRPv3/Exchange 2010 Exchange performance Exchange Solution Reviewed Program Hadoop HDS HP IBM IOPS iPad iPhone iSCSI LTO Microsoft Exchange MLC NAND NAND NetApp NFS Seagate SNIA SNW solid state drives SPC-1 SPECsfs2008 SSD SSD performance SSD reliability Storage Performance Council VMware
- RT @Andrea_Mauro: #FF @buzzblog @TrainSignal @squarie @RayLucchesi @buzzyNZ @andreleibovici @martin_billy @iCoolen @nathanm @SarahLuden @ma… 15 days ago
- RT @dba_emc2: #ff @eddieawad @dberkholz @hui_kenneth @George100386 @cincystorage @RayLucchesi @Andrea_Mauro @BDataScientist @Jayoshaugh @ik… 15 days ago
- [Blog] EMCworld 2013 Day 3 silvertonconsulting.com/blog/2013/05/0… #EMCworld #VNX #ssd #virtualization 16 days ago
- @rjweeks70 @SFoskett I am of the belief that app performance characteristics change over time and storage can be optimized to help in reply to rjweeks70 17 days ago
- @rjweeks70 @SFoskett Those aspects that can affect IO rates but don’t involve data movement ought to be embedded and controllable in SDS in reply to rjweeks70 17 days ago
Powered by Twitter Tools
Tag Archives: DRAM only systems
We return to our periodic discussion of storage system performance, this time on SPECsfs(r)2008 benchmark results for NFS file serving ops per second vs. system reported memory size. For some obscure reason, I was very intrigued with this chart. Chart … Continue reading